Changes

Jump to: navigation, search

Stourport

211 bytes added, 16:38, 13 August 2015
m
add links
{| class="wikitable"
|+Next stations pre-closure
|-
! Towards [[Hartlebury]] !! Towards [[Shrewsbury]]
|-
| [[Hartlebury]] (3 miles)|| [[Bewdley]] (2&frac12; miles)<br>via [[Burlish Halt]] (from 1930)
|-
|}
 
Stourport Station was located 3 miles from Hartlebury and 37&frac34; miles from Shrewsbury. It was considered one of the principal stations on the line, with two platforms and a passing loop from opening in 1862 as well as a small goods yard and goods shed. The station building was almost identical to those at [[Bewdley]] and [[Buildwas]]. The location of the station just a short way north of the town made it perhaps the most convenient of the Severn Valley Railway’s stations relative to the town it served.
Trustworthy, administrator
9,224
edits

Navigation menu