}} 9 is a GWR 4-wheel Riding and Dormitory Van. In service these ran paired with 6-wheel Tool vans such as [[GWR 66 Breakdown Tool Van | GWR 66]], and were stationed at GWR loco sheds. The Tool and Riding Van pairs would be required to attend mishaps as fast as possible and were vacuum-braked to allow running at near express speeds.
9 was built at Swindon in 1912. It arrived on the SVR from Danygraig, Swansea
in May 1972,<ref>Severn Valley Railway Stock Book Ninth Edition</ref> and is situated in Bewdley yard where it is used as a store by [[The 4150 Fund]].