|lot = 1500
|cartype = [[:Category:BR Carriage classification codes#LMS Codes|CBC]], [[:Category: Carriage Type CK|CK]]
|seats = 24 first, 18 third
|built = 1949
}}Sir William Stanier was succeeded as CME of the LMS by C E Fairburn in 1944 and H G Ivatt in 1945. Although neither produced any new carriage designs, they did implement some of Stanier’s style changes. Among those was the port-hole stock, echoing that used by the 1938 streamliners. Following nationalisation in January 1948, BR continued to build LMS style carriages into the early 1950s.
Corridor Composite (CK) 24617 was built at Derby in June 1950, as lot number 1500 to diagram 2159. The steel framing and all-welded construction gives a slightly more rounded profile than the earlier timber-framed stock. It has four First class and three Third class compartments, with a lavatory at each end. It served on BR’s Western Region until 1968, when it was declared surplus to requirements by BR at Didcot only weeks after a full works overhaul.
24617 arrived on the SVR from Didcot on 28 August 1968 with several other vehicles. Former owning group the ‘LMS & BR Coach Fund’ donated all its vehicles to [[Severn Valley Railway Charitable Trust Ltd | The SVR Charitable Trust]] in 2007. The Trust’s web site notes that 24617 has run in SVR service every season since 1968. It forms part of [[Carriages#Set_L|the LMS Maroon set (Set L)]], notwithstanding that it was not built until after nationalisation.