[[File:GWR 83831 Loco Coal Wagon .jpg| thumb| 300px| right| GWR 83831 Loco Coal Wagon]] 83831 was built at Swindon circa 1931-32 to Diagram N27, Lot 1084. It is one of thousands of 20 ton Coal Wagons (telegraphic code 'LOCO' ) which were a common sight on the coal stages at GWR loco sheds; many were also hired out to collieries to replace elderly wooden-framed wagons.
83831 was later sold by BR(W) to the CEGB for use at the Carmarthen Bay Power Station.
It was acquired from there in 1985 by its present owners, [[The GWR 813 Preservation Fund]], arriving on the SVR in March of that year. It was totally rebuilt at Bewdley in 1986 .<ref>SVR Stock Book 9th Edition</ref>
[[Category: Rolling stock owned by The GWR 813 Preservation Fund]]