|image = 1501_20120909.jpg
|caption = 1501 approaching Highley in 2012
|construc = BR
|wheels = 0-6-0PT
|rating = 4F
In Autumn 1970 all three 1500 class locomotives were acquired from Coventry Colliery for use on the SVR. 1501 was initially moved from Coventry to Tyseley for wheel turning, before a further move to Bewdley, both moves being by rail behind a diesel. During the latter move, excessive speed caused damage to one of 1501’s axle boxes. The other two NCB locos (1502 and 1509) were used as a source of parts for restoring 1501; the remains were then scrapped.
In service on the SVR, 1501 has proved a powerful locomotive for its size, acquiring the nickname “the raging bull”. The locomotive is owned by the [[15xx Pannier Trust]].